Weight Loss using Avacado Smoothies
How Avocado Helps in Weight Loss?
We all know that avocado is considerably high in fat then why is it upheld as a weight loss food? Well, here are a few convincing reasons that show how avocado aids weight loss.
- Reduces the level of “Bad” LDL Cholesterol in Blood – Numerous studies show that consumption of avocado helps to reduce the level of total cholesterol along with harmful LDL cholesterol and triglycerides in blood.
- Reduces Belly Fat – Avocado is loaded with monounsaturated fat and oleic fatty acids. Researchers say that replacing normal cooking oil with avocado oil helps to reduce abdominal fat and lowers the risk of metabolic syndrome. Monounsaturated fats prevent body fat distribution around the belly by regulating the expression of certain fat genes.
- Improves Nutrient Absorption – Addition of avocado to vegetable salads makes it all more beneficial for overall health. The healthy fats found in avocado improve the absorption of nutrients and fat-soluble carotenoids that are linked to improved body weight and fat loss.
- Neutralizes Free Radical Damage – The free radicals produced in the body attack the mitochondria and disrupt your body metabolism which slows down weight loss. The monounsaturated fats present in avocado protects the mitochondria so that it can survive the free radical damage and boot your metabolism.
- Curbs Hunger – Nutritionally-dense avocado is one of the most effective hunger-squashers that decrease your desire to eat for hours afterwards. It prevents mindless snacking and craving for unhealthy junk food.
- Stabilizes Blood Sugar Level – Avocado is not only a rich source of healthy fats, but also vitamins, minerals, fibers and phytonutrients – all of which are necessary for healthy weight management. It is a potent source of vitamin K that helps to regulate sugar metabolism and insulin sensitivity. This is beneficial for weight loss because increased level of insulin in blood promotes the glucose to be stored in the form of fat.
- Supplies Energy and Boosts Metabolism – Monounsaturated fats known as oleic acid found in avocado gives an extra boost of energy so that you can exercise longer than usual and it also keeps your metabolism burning even when you are at rest.
Reduces Cholesterol & Triglycerides
Interestingly, avocados help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) and plasma triglycerides. LDL cholesterol can get deposited on the arterial walls and lead to stroke and heart attack. Abnormally high levels of plasma triglycerides can lead to atherosclerosis, may steer your body towards developing insulin resistance and diabetes . Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and help to lower serum LDL cholesterol. A study published in the Journal of Clinical Lipidology confirms that consumption of avocado can help reduce LDL cholesterol and serum triglycerides and improves good cholesterol (HDL cholesterol) levels in the blood.
Best Breakfast Smoothie for Weight Loss
This avocado smoothie recipe is one of the best breakfast smoothies for weight loss.
A lot of the weight loss smoothie recipes have a ton of fruit in them which is great, but with my body if I do not balance the fruit (sugars, carbs) with healthy fats and fiber (avocado, seeds etc.) then it leaves me hungrier than I was before eating.
So here is what you will need to make your smoothie. I promise, it is super easy to make. The prep time is basically just getting the ingredients out of the fridge.
Eliminating carbohydrates in the form of grains from your diet is one of the easiest and quickest ways to lose weight. But when you reduce the intake of grain carbs, you must increase the intake of healthy fats in order to get the daily dose of energy and filling nutrients. Avocado is an excellent source of healthy monounsaturated fat that not only helps to protect the heart and supply energy to the body, but also promotes calorie burning.
The fats found in avocado are not stored in the body; instead they are readily burned in order to produce energy and this helps to improve weight management. Avocado is an extremely versatile fruit that can be added to salads, rice, pasta and sandwiches and mashed to form smoothies, dips and salsa. In this article we have short-listed 24 healthy, low-carb and low-oil avocado smoothie and food recipes that can be included in your diet for sustainable weight loss.